Pilates is a form of exercise, developed by Joseph Pilates, which emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement. Strong core postural muscles are essential in keeping the body balanced and creating support for the spine.
Pilates is known to change bodies quickly, creating long lean muscles, making movement efficient and enjoyable and developing a good breathing technique.
Pilates works well for a wide range of people: athletes and dancers, seniors, women pre, during or post pregnancy, and people who are at various stages of physical rehabilitation.
The principles of Pilates are: Relaxation, Concentration, Alignment, Breathing, Centring, Co-ordination, Flowing movements and Stamina. Throughout the years Pilates has achieve recognition and respect from the medical profession and top sports associations.
- Improves strength and flexibility.
- Improves posture.
- Balances your body.
- Improves circulation.
- Improves breathing technique.
- Reduces stress.
- You look better and feel great.
- Fusion of body and mind.
- You move with more economy, grace and balance, using your body to its greatest advantage.
Image Credit: Faith Erin Hicks
"In 10 sessions you will notice the difference, with 20 sessions others will notice the difference and 30 sessions you have a new body" Joseph H. Pilates.
Thursdays / 8.00-9.00am / Beginners-Intermediate / Gordon Thomson Pilates Body Europe Studio
1-2-1 and Small Group Classes
- Gordon Thomson Pilates Body Europe Studio. 17 Queensberry Mews West, South Kensington, London SW7 2DY.
- Purus Active Health. 23-24 Henrietta Street, London WC2E, Covent Garden.
- Hyde Park, Green Park, Regent's Park and Hampstead Heath.
- The comfort of your own home or office.
Booking in advance is needed for all classes and private sessions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07789888738 for further information.